Sports Surfaces & Leisure
Revolutionary Sports Surface and Leisure Drainage
HydroBlox is an advanced material manufactured from 100% recycled thermoplastics. An exceptionally porous, high strength plastic that can filter and direct the flow of water, using surface tension unique to the product. HydroBlox planks maintain permeability, require little to zero post installation maintenance and can easily be added to or reused as part of any future developments.
Our unique water management systems provide a suite of precision solutions that deliver a superior drainage system, significant cost savings and long lasting benefits for the long-lasting preservation of your sport and leisure playing surfaces.
Preserve Your Playing Surfaces With The Smart Choice
The lightweight and high-strength structure of our HydroPlanks make them the ideal choice for sport and leisure surface drainage solutions large and small. Each surface presents its own unique set of drainage challenges, both in and around your grounds.
We understand that labour and the cost of consumables to install essential drainage systems play a vital role in the delivery your development projects on budget. Choosing the correct drainage solution at the start will not only ensure that these are met but most importantly it will ensure your playing surfaces are preserved for a lifetime, while associated maintenance costs are kept to an absolute minimum.
HydroBlox is a proven solution that has already been adopted internationally by groundwork engineers in several countries. It will preserve your playing surfaces, and save you days, if not weeks in drainage installation time:
- Lightweight, compact, easy to store and transport
- No requirement for French drains, gravel, sand, aggregate, fittings or fabric barriers
- Instead precision slots are cut into playing surfaces minimising ground disturbance, and removing the need for large scale excavation / earth removal in and around your site
- Groundsmen with light equipment are able to rapidly complete drainage installations on your site with great efficiency
HydroBlox Drainage Installation Benefits
Whether drainage is required for football, rugby, or cricket pitches, golf bunkers, course fairways or school playing fields, no job is too large of too small to benefit from HydroBlox. Our precision drainage solution provides a superior replacement for traditional French drains, systems of aggregate, PVC and stone pipes.
Precision trenching makes it quick and easy to install at any new or existing sport and leisure facility, with minimal disruption to playing surfaces.
HydroBlox is 75% lighter than the equivalent aggregate drainage mediums and has an open surface area 20 times that of perforated pipe. It does not suffer with the common problems of conventional drainage such as settlement, compaction, blockages, migration or drying out.
Golf Bunkers and Fairways
” Wanted to share a photo with you of the HydroBlox bunker taken this morning. We received 1.4″ of rain over the last 24 hrs and the bunker has no standing water and was firm enough to rake this morning. I guess it works! – Tom Akers ”
7 Step Fairway Drainage
- Remove the sod
- Cut a 2” trench line
- Prepare the trench
- Lay in the HydroBlox end to end
- Trim HydroBlox to mate laterals with trunk lines
- Fabricate a transition box
- Install, backfill and replace sod
Sports Pitches and Playing Fields
HydroBlox and our unique water management solution can be easily connected into any existing drainage infrastructure or it can be used to redistribute clean water (filtered from silts) into the natural environment.
HydroBlox is manufactured from 100% recycled thermoplastics.
- It is estimated for every 500 meters of HydroBlox our water management solutions and manufacturing technologies are able to reprocess 2.5 tonnes of recycled plastic
- Research has shown that for every tonne of HydroBlox produced, the equivalent of 2 tonnes of CO2 emissions are saved
We can be contacted immediately to personally discuss your sports surface and leisure drainage requirements.