Lightweight High-Strength Green Building Structures
HydroBlox is an advanced material manufactured from 100% recycled thermoplastics. An exceptionally porous, high strength plastic that can filter and direct the flow of water, using surface tension unique to the product. HydroBlox planks maintain permeability, require little to zero post installation maintenance and can easily be added to or reused as part of any future developments.
Our versatile technology provides you with a lightweight system of water management solutions to enhance your green building projects. A one of a kind substrate for green building construction, it is fast and simple to install with exceptional strength. Save time, costs and the environment on your next green building project.
Go Green With HydroBlox
HydoBlox is composed of recycled materials making the product entirely environmentally friendly and lightweight. It has been specifically developed to serve as a unique drainage substrate layer in green buildings and when used to create green roofs and walls, it provides a simple and efficient means of drainage, while having the added benefit of promoting vegetation growth and structural sustainability. HydroBlox can also be used as a water attenuation system, which means it can form part of sustainable urban drainage systems (SUDS).
The unique properties and benefits of HydroBlox have made it a popular choice for many green building projects across the UK, Europe and America:
- Environmentally friendly and green solution made from 100% recycled plastics
- Lightweight, compact easy to transport and install, leading to decreased construction costs
- Can be trafficked during installation without damage to the structure
- No ballast requirement and removes high-volume need for soil and aggregate
- Can be used for hard and soft landscaping
- Allows construction directly onto the drainage layer: paving, decking, car parking and so on
- Creates a controlled growth environment
- Able to reduce water consumption by up to 20%
- Improved aesthetics and exceptional structural strength
To create a green roof, lay planks flat, side by side on top of the roof deck or slab, and place soil and seed directly on top of the material. Position another plank on the edge of the planting area to help retain plants & substrate
Passive Water Control
HydroBlox and our unique water management solution can be easily connected into any existing drainage infrastructure or it can be used to redistribute clean water (filtered from debris and silts) into the natural environment.
With the unique water conveyance and filtration qualities of HydroBlox, you have an unparalleled ability to passively control and channel water to suit your project requirements.
HydroBlox is manufactured from 100% recycled thermoplastics.
- It is estimated for every 500 meters of HydroBlox our water management solutions and manufacturing technologies are able to reprocess 2.5 tonnes of recycled plastic
- Research has shown that for every tonne of HydroBlox produced, the equivalent of 2 tonnes of CO2 emissions are saved
Contact us without delay to discuss your requirements. HydroBlox can provide a tailored quote to solve your green building water management challenges with ease, that will take your project to another level of green.